The dentists at Candlewood Dental Centre care about you and your teeth. That is why we have great interest in providing quality Orthodontic care. Our highly trained staff and dentists are ready to help you and your smile look better.
What Is Orthodontic Care?
The word Orthodontics comes from two Greek words—Ortho meaning straight or perfect and dontos meaning tooth. This means that an Orthodontist works to bring you a perfect set of teeth. In other words, Orthodontics is the treatment of crooked or other imperfect positioned teeth.
Do you need Orthodontic Treatments?
The dentist will organise an examination of your teeth and then develop a suitable treatment plan to fix common issues such as:
- Overbite or Buck Teeth – Having the upper front teeth too far forward that the lower teeth.
- Underbite or the bulldog jaw – having your lower teeth too far forward from your upper teeth.
- Crossbite – When the upper teeth does not come down slightly forward when biting down.
- Open bite – spaces between the biting points and areas
- Misplaced midline – when the upper and lower teeth are not centred or aligned correctly
- Spacing – Spaces between teeth
- Crowding – When there are too many teeth in the dental ridge area.
Appliances used in Orthodontics
There are two types of appliances used in orthodontics, Fixed and Removable.
Common fixed appliances include: braces and fixed space maintainers.
Removable appliances would include: aligners, removable space maintainers, lip and cheek bumpers, palatal expanders, removable retainers and a headgear.
You Can Trust Candlewood
The dentists at Candlewood Dental Centre are highly trained and qualified dentists in orthodontic care and they know how to handle all of your dental issues. They have been serving our community since 1993. They also treat you like family so you know you are in good hands at Candlewood.
Ask about our Payment Plans
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, we encourage you to discuss these matters with an appropriately qualified health practitioner.