Our experienced dentists can help you with dental implants in Joondalup, Perth.
Traditionally missing teeth are replaced with dentures. The better approach nowadays to replacing missing teeth is with dental implants. A dental implant procedure will require screws made of titanium implanted into your jawbone, passing through your gums. The screw will serve as the root or foundation for the artificial tooth. Although titanium is a metal, it has been proven to be tolerated by the human body, without any adverse reaction and rejection.
The titanium screws eventually bond with your bone in your jaw. A crown which will be the artificial tooth will be attached to this screw. A dental implant treatment is an invasive procedure. Implanting the titanium will require the patient to be sedated under general anaesthesia during parts of the dental implant procedure. The dentist will wait until the bone is strong enough to hold the artificial or prosthetic tooth.
The first noticeable thing after a dental implant is a smile filled with teeth rather than missing gaps. The dental implant is as good as your original teeth. You will be able to eat all the foods that you usually do, and you can chew and bite as if you have your real teeth back.
Compared to other options of tooth replacement like a denture, the implant is very versatile. With the implant, you can replace a single missing tooth, or you can have multiple missing teeth. When you have lost all your teeth, you can have them all replaced through dental implants. The procedure is solid and provides you comfort in your regular teeth functions (e.g. Bite, Chew, etc). One other benefit is the high success rate of the procedure. This is the result of modern day dental technology. However, there are certain prerequisites to getting a dental implant.
Requirements for the procedure
There are several major things considered by your dentist before going for implants. You should have good oral and overall health. Your gums should not have any issues (e.g. Gum Disease) and you will need to have sufficient bone in your jaw to support the artificial tooth or teeth.
You will also be required to undergo a facial analysis, clinical exam, 2D X-Rays, 3D imaging of your Jaw and the assessment of the final design of your teeth (colour, shape, length and bite).
After the procedure, the patient should maintain a high standard of oral hygiene. With excellent dental care, your implants can last for several years – 10 to 20 years. However, the success of the dental implants is dependent on how you maintain your artificial teeth.
Dental implant treatments can be carried out by our Dental Practitioners at Candlewood Dental Centre.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are recommended for you if you have a missing or broken tooth or teeth. It is an artificial metal root made from titanium. It is surgically placed into your jaw bone by the dentist to lay the foundation for an artificial tooth or teeth to place in order to replace a missing one.
It is safe and one of the recommended treatments to replace a missing or broken tooth or teeth.
Who is a good candidate for dental implants?
A good candidate for this medical procedure include:
- Anybody who has good oral hygiene
- Those with strong bone to support the implant
- Those with healthy gums
- Heavy smokers willing to stop smoking during the implant process as recommended
Those excluded in the process include:
- Pregnant women
- Patients who are not fit or in good health for surgical procedures
- Heavy smokers and alcohol abusers not willing to quit their habit
- Those with certain chronic diseases
If you are not sure if you can still get an implant, our trusted dentist will take you through a dental implant treatment to evaluate you. This therapy will determine if you are fit for the process.
What can I expect during the treatment?
- You will receive periodontal treatment. This will involve an individualised treatment for you to determine the type of dental implant option that is fit for you.
- After the treatment, the metallic root is implanted into your jawbone carefully to ensure that this process is a success.
This process makes you feel as comfortable as possible as our team of dentist will provide anaesthesia or sedation to ensure that you are comfortable with the procedure to carry on smoothly.
What can you expect after treatment?
- You will require healing time because the healing time will take some considerable amount of time to take place
- There will be some degree of swelling and soreness and this is normal
- You will be required to take good oral care
- Regular visit to the dentist will be required
Why should you choose us for your Dental Implants?
- We are trained in the latest dental technology and techniques
- We have over 20 years of combined dental implant experience.
- We also offer dental emergency services in case anything happens to you.
Ask about our Payment Plans
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, we encourage you to discuss these matters with an appropriately qualified health practitioner.